SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greendale_gw

Emerald Green Arbs Browning

greendale
10 years ago

Hi,

It's me again. Just did an introduction of myself post. Also I asked this question in Ken's "how to transpalnt a conifer/tree -- huge pix post", but thought a new post with picture would be better for communication.

I have a row of arbs on my property line. The short ones I planted last fall, there were 3-4' arbs and they were doing good. The taller ones (6-7feet and 12 of them) were planted this fall - the beginning of Oct. I know they look a little funny. I planted the short ones last year but they were not grow fast enough for privacy screen. :) So I transplanted them to the front, and then planted the taller ones back there where privacy needed the most. I actually tried alternate pattern (to save me the number of holes I need to dig), but that looks even worse, so I ended transplant all the short ones.

The short ones are doing good (after the transplant) but those taller ones are browning, I got them from homedepot, the rootballs are clay and my soil is sandy. Before I plant I put the rootballs in a bucket of water for maybe 20minutes to 1 hour? (depend how long it take me to dig the hole, I have a lot of rocks in my soil). Maybe I should work on the root (get the clay soil off the root a little bit?) How are they doing from the attached pictures.

TIA
-Greendale

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio