SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greendale_gw

Newbie and introduce myself

greendale
10 years ago

Hi, Everyone:

First I want to say thanks for all the contributors and enablers on this forum, expecially those pictures - I learned how to appreciate the beauty of the conifers.

I have been lurking here for about one year now. It all started last fall I planted a row of Emerald Green Arbs on my property line and I searched for how to take care of them and then I found this forum. I planted another 12 Arbs this fall. (I will talk about them in another post).

Most supprisely is that now I find myself own some conifers other than the Emerals Green Arbs. I do not know how that happened (As I used to think confier is boring - evergreen and annoying - needles). Anyway, here are what I have, they are not some special cultivars/nor expensive, I got them from BBS. (the reason for the NOT-SO-CONFIDENT IDs). They are scattered on different places in my yard. I am think maybe I could put them together and make a small japanese garden, maybe add a Japanese Maple and other conifer to the garden? The ginko I got from a friend, I was worried it will be too big for my small back yard, but then I saw a picture here that shows a multi-stems trimmed ginko tree in the background, that the a-ha moment for me that I can include the gingo into the conifer garden (or Japanese garden).

Juniperus squamata blue star

Another "blue Star", is it crafted into a root stock?

picea pungens glauca globosa

pinus mugho pine

Ginko

dwarf alberta spruce

Thanks & Regards
-Greendale

This post was edited by greendale on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 14:29

Comments (14)