SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

OT: My cat came home for New Year's!

User
12 years ago

I will tell you this story, and no doubt, some of you will poo-poo it and tell me I'm evil or going straight to hell, but I don't care.

On New Year's Eve day, I found the much-decayed carcass of a cat that had just enough fur left for me to believe it was my cat, long dead. Strangely enough, there was an old sheet laying in the road, so I grabbed it, scooped up the body and brought her home to bury.

Couldn't dig because of all the tree roots, so I took it to a secluded area of the pond to bury her in the water. As I laid her in and turned to go, something caught my eye. It was my cat! On the other side of the fence, on the University Marine Research facility property! I called her, but she ran away.

I went back on New Year's morning and called her again. I lured her out with her favorite treats, and was carrying her back to the apt. when something scared her, and she jumped down and ran away...back through the fence. I took food in her plate and left it outside the fence, and some on the back porch. I went to a meeting last night, and got home about 9:30, thought I'd check to see if she had come and eaten any of the food.

There she was! Standing over by the pond, waiting for me to come home. She ran to me and I carried her inside, and she hasn't left me over 3 feet since. If I get up, she follows me. She's very emaciated, but seems not to be too sickly. I'm trying not to feed her too much, because obviously, she couldn't handle it. She slept with me last night, and kept me awake half the night, because every time I turned over, she would wake up and start howling like I was going to leave her.

I feel like the spirit of that dead kitty led me to her. I can't imagine where its body came from, because I walk that sidewalk almost every day, and have never seen it. If it had had fur nothing like my cat's fur, I would have just passed it by. So many things combined to make a miracle!

I can't imagine that she would have lived through these next few cold nights as undernourished as she is. I do believe that some higher power somewhere had a part in this.

She was missing for exactly six weeks yesterday. Now she's home and being spoiled rotten!

Comments (16)