SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecityman

would my new fig be grafted?

Hi. I'm a relative newbie so forgive me if this is a dumb question! I just purchased a new Conadria fig from Edible Landscaping. It was only about 8 inches tall and the only leafted out part got broken during shipping. However, I kept it watered and now it is definitely showing new growth buds. But here is my problem/question: The entire above ground structure on this fig now is just a main post coming out of the ground, and then one upward growing branch coming off that main beam. The leafy part was at the end of the "branch" and it looks like that branch may have been grafted onto the main beam. Is this likely? The reason this is important to me is that the new growth buds are all on the main beam. If it is just some average rootstalk, I don't want to invest the time and effort to grow it into a full blown fig tree/bush. In terms of appearance, it looks like it could have a little graft bump/scar but it also could not be....I just can't tell. I don't even know if a company would do a graft...not sure if or why they would, so I'm asking you all.

How likely is it that my 8 inch fig is grafted? thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor