SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A few flowers triumph over battering storms

shive
12 years ago

Storms came through in the early morning hours and beat up most of my blooms beyond recognition. A few stood up to the wind and monsoon-like rain and worthy of photographs. I'm also posting some photos from yesterday afternoon.

PURPLE EYED DRAGONFLY is my newly-acquired Lambertson for this season. I'd wanted this one since I saw it in Rice's greenhouse three summers ago. This is the ffo.

{{gwi:658707}}

TYROLEAN TREASURE just laughed at the storm.

WILD HORSES made it through storm with flying colors. In fact it had yellow petals, which I've never seen on it. This cultivar normally has cream or near white petals in our heat.

That's all from today. The rest were a real mess. Here are some from yesterday.

LONG JOHN SILVER

SPARTICUS ADORNED - a wonderful, vigorous Hanson purple

INCA PRINCE group

DARK TERRITORY - This one is much darker than it photographs. This Benz is a slow grower here.

MISTER BUBBLES, looking the way it must look most of the time in Mimi Schwarz's Long Island Garden. Here, with our Southern heat and humidity, it's normally near white with lavender petal edges and lots of teeth and tendrils.

MAGNIFICENT RAINBOW

AMBER FINALE - A great late bloomer with excellent plant habits.

TUXIE on the rain barrell yesterday evening. Watch out Tux, you're in for a heck of shower when that storm comes. All the female cats like to sit on the barrell.

Debra

Comments (28)