SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Phase 1 project started... Trouble, Tribulations and Triumphs

silverkelt
15 years ago

When we moved into a new home last year, it was just that, built last year. We looked at over 30 homes, though some had much more cleared land.. the houses, need 40 or 50 k worth of work or even more sometimes, the prices were not very reasonable, so we decided to purchase this new home that didnt need any major rehab to move into.

However, he had very little cleared land, alot of woods, so the past couple of weeks, some great friends and my Dad have been helping me cut down trees, some of them were bigger than I wouldve dared before, but out they had to come.. Let me tell you, for all of you that have done this , you know this is back breaking work!

Phase one.. front northern exposure bed, will hold roses, daylilies and some wintersown plants this year.

{{gwi:382498}}

Me working away...

{{gwi:216705}}

Center point of the bed, cant take credit for this, not movable, but pretty granite.

{{gwi:382501}}

About a cord of wood moved out of this bed

{{gwi:216704}}

Much more chopping of the bed to be able to use it..

{{gwi:382503}}

Some rocks moved out of the bed...

{{gwi:382505}}

Favorite excavating tool, I got for 2 bucks broke.. sigh

{{gwi:382507}}

The soil isnt that bad, not great either, will have to work on it as I go in the next few years.. About 3 inches of humas rich soil, then some clay then some silt, some spots if I go down about 5 feet it quickly fills with water, which can be a boon for some things.

Ack my body aches though!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting