SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

Some photos of my 'little cottage' garden

janepa
13 years ago

Here are some photos of my garden, which is in a 'redo'. Last year in the spring I had over 800 daylilies. In the fall there were only about 100, after giving many away, and shovel pruning the rest. I wanted more flowers that bloomed longer with a cottage feel that the butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds would enjoy. And also a veggie garden since the grandkids moved back to our area, and like to get their hands dirty. I am on my way. I kept some of my favorites like the Smoke Tree, favorite daylilies, roses, hyssop, clematis, monarda,and daisies, etc.!!!

My DH surprised me with this 'little house' some years back as a Christmas present. A week before Christmas he took me to the maker of these little sheds and told me to pick a model I liked and it would be delivered the following spring. I was thrilled.

{{gwi:706837}}

{{gwi:706839}}

Favorite hollyhock and Smoke Tree

{{gwi:706840}}

{{gwi:706843}}

Strawberry and veggie garden - strawberries, potatoes, white & red, sweet potatoes, string beans, tomatoes, my favorite, onions, pod peas, and parsley

{{gwi:706845}}

{{gwi:706848}}

Thanks for checking out my little area of peace in central PA. Jane

PS: It seems we went right from winter to summer. Our temps have been in the high 80s and 90s. The flowers have been blooming earlier and the plants that like it cooler are having a heat flash instead.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations