SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

GardenWeb Profile: Please Update to Include Your City

I think it would be very helpful to know in which city a member lives. I know that most of us have our zone in our profile, but I would find it very useful to also know a member's city. Many members only show Zone "8", "9" or "10" -without a letter or city - and those zone numbers covers a lot of Florida! See Florida's zone map below. It would be so helpful to me to know if someone is in Zone 9-Jacksonville or Zone 9-Sarasota. Even better if it said "Zone 9b Sarasota", because I don't know the zone for every city!

So if you don't mind, I would like to request that you update their GardenWeb profile to include your city. If you would rather not, that is ok too. But it is really easy to update your profile. Here are the instructions:

1 - Follow this link to the GardenWebs Forum Home Page: GardenWeb Forums

2 - Scroll to the bottom and click on the orange link: edit YOUR USER PROFILE.

3 - Enter your User Name and Password and click "Login" at the bottom of the page.

4 - Scroll down to just below the fourth dotted line where there is a box labeled "Garden Zone".

5 - In the Garden Zone box, type in your zone and city.

6 - Click "Save Your Member Profile" at the bottom of the page.

That's all there is to it!

Here is Florida's USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map. You can fine-tune your zone number by obtaining the corresponding letter from this map:

Thank you so much! I hope to learn even more from all of you in 2010!

Carol

Comments (39)