SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bart_2010

transplanting a baby weeping cedar

bart_2010
9 years ago

OK, forum maties, need help with another id and without providing photos, either! but some of you have been of so much help to me without me providing said photos that I'm going for it anyway.
Once again, the question is to ID a conifer bought from my local, extremely UNSPECIALIZED garden center that couldn't id my plant at all, merely saying it is very hardy.. It has a weeping shape,like photos I see on Internet of C. glauca pendula,though being very young, it's confusing. It's needles are small,like those of c. libani,NOT longish like c. deodara. It's colour is very like that of species C.libani and C. deodara (I know, I just bought both of these two latter from an on-line nursery that DOES id the plants, lol.),not really blue like photos of glauca pendula. Is there any "plain" c. libani pendula? does such a thing exist? How big can I expect this type of tree to grow?
More importantly,last fall/winter I planted out this baby tree,but did not realize that the spot in which I put it is not very sunny; in fact now, in October, it is in shade. The little tree has grown a bit, and looks basically OK, but I was wondering if it might be better to move it. Can this be done, or do weeping cedars resent being transplanted? thanks in advance, bart

Comments (5)