SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annafl_gw

Top 3 plants in 2007

annafl
16 years ago

My garden looks lousy. Lots of damage from the freeze. Heliconias really suffered and some are quite brown. Lots of stuff defoliated, brown, and messy with all the wind. Really sad looking all over. However, the good news is that we've had a couple of good rains. Makes me hopeful for spring. Gotta keep looking forward and dreaming of what could be next year.

Thought we could all name our favorite three plants in 2007 to just give each other ideas and perhaps widen our wish lists! Please say why they are your favorites and how did they do during the cold spell.

Mine are:

Justicia golden flame. Just planted about 6 months ago. In full sun! Did not balk at our brutal, dry, hot summer. Looks really good after the cold weather. Not blooming now, but foliage looks nice when not in bloom. You know, I am partial to orange, so that may be part of why this is one of my favorites.

Euphorbia cotinifolia. Also planted in summer and thrived in our brutal weather. Great red/burgundy color. They are almost bare now, but I think they will be back. I found them at HD, and hope to find more this year to tuck in here and there for easy color. You know how I like foliage.

Dioon spinulosum. I've had these for years. Every year they are some of my favorites. Almost always look great with no care, every season. Something about the graceful shape I like.

Alright, what are your top 3? I want to dream of spring!!!

Comments (37)