SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalie4b

My garden is one of my greatest teachers

natalie4b
16 years ago

I have learned so much about life just observing my and flowers and garden. They seem to be enjoying every little thing life sends their way: a bit of sunshine, rain, birds, beneficial insects, good organic compost, a good companion plant for a conversation, making babies, swaying with a breeze...

And when the storm/freeze/heat wave/jap.beatles hit, they accept the attack with grace, and recover (if the strong root system is in place), or go to the next level.

They don't care how long they have to live, if they are accepted by other plants in that flowerbed, if their blooms are as bright and fragrantas ones in a "Flower Glamour" magazine; they enjoy the moment, the Now, whatever is given to them in this lifetime. They give joy to others, they shine and share their beauty, fragrance and abundance, they love this life unconditionally. And if they don't bloom this year, there is another year coming. And if they don't make it even though they gave their best shot to life, their kids will flower and shine...

What were your biggest lessons?

~Natalie

Comments (16)

Sponsored