SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cammunizm

Brussels Sprouts yield/fertilization question.

cammunizm
12 years ago

I think Silvia asked in an older message to update on when my plants started producing harvestable bearings.

Three of four plants are producing at or close to harvest. I've included photos. I'm guessing because they were not staked, I won't get too big of a yield.

I'm confused on a few things though. Some places indicate to fertilize once they start to bear buds. They are a bit past that but slow. So far, I've harvested several when they reach an inch in diameter during cool periods. I then remove the accompanying branch for energy redirection. I've noticed photos though that show all the buds left on the stock with all branches removed and others that indicate cutting off the terminal head also is recommended. The Terminal head is the cabbage-like formation at the top right?

I've included some photos and also some others to conserve posts (Tom mentioned about Clippings but unsure I have the right post to do so?)

Best!

Cambridge

Harvested thus far:

{{gwi:778925}}

Stalk:

{{gwi:778926}}

I am guessing this is the "Terminal Head." Do I cut this off and at what point?

{{gwi:778928}}

Tom, if you are reading this, this is for you. Thanks for your prior help on my Broccoli question.:) If you just grow broccoli for the bee's, does this mean you do not care for it?

{{gwi:778930}}

Not sure why this is flowering at such a small plant, but I love the Asters.

{{gwi:778933}}

I think I need to switch the mix on this. How is it flowering so small?:

{{gwi:778935}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals