SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pudge2b

I'm quite impressed with Agribon floating row cover

Pudge 2b
16 years ago

Well, last night got really cold here, along with wind throughout the night. By 4 pm yesterday it was 0C, and then went to -5 for the night. It felt like winter.

In another post I mentioned that my mom had a 7' x 100' roll of Agribon 30 floating row cover which is supposed to provide 6 degrees of frost protection. So I covered the glads (some are 1' tall), the snaps, ornamental cabbage, and a few other direct sown flowers that are up. My mom's small vegetable garden has carrots, spinach and lettuce already sprouted as well as cabbage and onion planted out, so I also covered all that and weighted it down with bricks. I covered the annual statice I have planted out with another floating row cover that I had, but also threw some heavy blankets over that as well.

No casualties this morning. I'm quite impressed with the stuff and am considering buying another roll of it next year so that I can use it to cover all the raised beds for early planting. It will benefit me to have early flowers at farmer's market.

Our trees are all leafed out and a lot of them looked very sad this morning - I thought for sure they were frozen, but they've bounced back throughout the day and look okay this evening.

Wow that was cold, I hope that doesn't happen again this year.

Comments (11)