SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ricksample

Moving mulch - Anyone have a Johnny Bucket JR

ricksample
10 years ago

Just wondering how you all move very large piles of mulch year after year. I know a few of you have large yards such as Ken. Do you do it the old fashioned way shovel and a yard cart? I moved 20 yards of mulch in the spring of 2012... took me 2 days and a very sore back for a week. It felt more like work than fun... but that may change in the future....

I'm seriously considering getting a Johnny Bucket JR next year... if I can save enough up in time. It lifts and dumps with a push of a button. The only downside is that the bucket isn't nearly as large as my cart... so I would probably have to take 2-3 scoops in my cart then take it out back to dump. It would take both of my tractors... my Cub Cadet with the scoop & my craftsman with the cart. But it seems that it would be much easier and fun. However, it's the price that could have me rethinking $1200

I never thought they made anything like this for my tractor... I was just going to continue the old shovel method and hopefully in the future (10+ years) get me a large tractor.

hmm....

Comments (11)