SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fernsk

Help with plant selection Please

fernsk
17 years ago

Hi all

I want to grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, salad greens & herbs in my little garden this year. I've done it before but the results are kind of out of "wild kingdom" with the tomato stuck in a pot and becoming a leaning tower, the cucumber vines sprawling all over the place and taking over my new patio - vines everywhere accidently stepping on cucumbers - finding a huge cucumber that was hidden - I need some order to my space. So I'm thinking that there must be varieties of cucumber and tomato that would suit a small space. I would like to confine them to a 3 ft diameter raised bed. I also plan to grow 2 tomatoes in 2 "window boxes" attached to the top of my fence. When it comes to basil I am really confused because elsewhere I see reference to it growing into huge bushes but mine never really amounts to much so maybe I'm not taking proper care of it. The peppers have been selected - Garden Salsa - they will be planted in between the roses this year with some flower annuals. Please help with some ideas for a controled cucumber and a regular fruited small tomato plant that won't take over my world.

Fern

Comments (4)