SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Faded Flowers, Heat and Plant Food-3 part ?'s

Oakley
14 years ago

Thank you all for being patient with me with all of my questions, but it's YOUR fault because you got me addicted! lol.

Faded Flowers

I've noticed some of my flowers are fading in color, but are still blooming and doing good.

The medium pink Grandiflora Petunias..some of them are now white with pink veins.

Carpet Roses...they're supposed to be a deep pink, but I noiced a rose is a light pink.

Periwinkle - Purple, some have turned a very light purple, almost white.

All of these get full sun which is required. They're all thriving, but why are the flowers getting lighter?

HEAT - We're having an early hot summer. Although my plants are blooming great, they just don't seem to be getting bushy, except the roses and periwinkle. Does high heat stifle leaf/plant growth? My plants for shade are doing great.

Plant Food. My DIL is bringing me some Miracle Gro on Sunday. I use Rose food for the roses though. I've always heard not to get the leaves of flowers wet, but don't you spray Miracle Gro onto the whole plant? Everyone I know swears by this stuff and their gardens prove it! So if I spray the flowers, is early morning time the best before it gets hot? And do you like Miracle Gro, or do you use something else for a "general" plant food, besides Roses?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County