SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutflowers

Useful and Not So Useful Items You Have

nutsaboutflowers
13 years ago

It's the time of year where probably most or all of us feel like going out and buying something new for the garden. I often look at things like the Lee Valley catalogue, or I'm in a store and see something and think, hmmm, would that really work, or will I get it home and it'll turn out to be junk? Or, will it be more work than just doing it the "old fashioned" way? Will it take up more room in the garage that it's worth?

Are there things you've bought, or made, that you thought would be good and they turned out to be problematic or useless? Or, are there things that exceeded your expectations?

Here's a few of mine that I can think of at the moment:

- Green plant tags from Lee Valley. Don't really like them. The white insert can been seen from a mile away and it's distracting.

- The metal plant hooks that have three prongs you put into the ground and then you hang a plant. I wired mine to the step railing last year. The plant and pot are too heavy, the prongs are too short, and they don't stay straight. I think it needs to be anchored with bolts and a hunk of cement.

- I paid about $100.00 for a garden cart last year. I feel it couldn't have been a gardener who decided on it's dimensions, as it can transport almost two flats of plants, but not quite, so you have to take them one at a time. If it's dimensions were a bit different, it would be much more practical.

What have you bought, or made, that you like and/or dislike?

Comments (6)