SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

Clay-Tolerant Conifers

conifers
16 years ago

Well, so I buy 6 acres and drive a shovel into the earth last fall and it feels like slicing through butter that's been out of the fridge. Little did I know I was assuming ALL soils near me weren't the "black gold" we all love.

My mom did say though that since the property is shaped like a bowl, literally, that water will run down into the valley bottom. I think she has a good point. Common sense tells me that she's onto something...

Just for wasting 10 bucks I'm having it tested... what the heck.

The clay is medium brown and after a hard rain it's like walking through sticky bubble gum. When it's dry, it's a lighter chalkier brown. When not wet, Not wet, it takes a pick ax to hack a hole! Whew! I'm overwhelmed. lol

I need your help with what will not thrive and what, can thrive. This information should also help me choose rootstocks so I can grow others that normally would not be able to adapt to this soil.

Resin - Sorry I started threads in the past and you so kindly helped me and then I didn't further continue with that help/knowledge/suggestions you provided. I need your help desperately.

And everyone else!

Thanks,

Dax

Comments (70)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH