SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
careytearose

the Secret Garden: first group of plants in the ground

careytearose
16 years ago

Well, DH and I didn't have choir practice last night after all, so we and the children started planting some of the plants that are for our children's Secret Garden. Kept ourselves and the kids out in the garden plantin' and playin' until 10:30pm! Dd planted three little tomato plants in her vegetable bed area. Ds helped with digging various holes, and rock and root removal. We got two wisterias and two thornless roses (Barbara Wohl and Larry Daniels) planted on the small metal arch. Around the stone birdbath, four of the six heliotrope plants I got are in the ground. Two passionflowers are now in the ground and already working on twining themselves around two metal "bishop" obelisks- named because the shape reminds me of a bishop in a chess set. Here's a pic taken last night out there, the electrical got finished up yesterday, and there are two lights in this garden area. Lots more plants to go in the ground yet, but its a good start! For more pics of the Secret Garden and other gardening projects we're doing, please ck out my Picture Trail:

{{gwi:684188}}

careytearose

Here is a link that might be useful: look at the Landscaping Projects 2007 and Favorite ROSES we grow albums

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!