SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I went for the quick fix.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Out in my front yard on the left is a sloped garden that I have been working on. Not as much as some other areas as I only started it seriously last spring but its coming along.

Well, the plan is to plant at least a row of beardless iris accross the very top were I moved out those lilac shrubs but thats as far as I have gotten.

So quick fix time as I am not addressing that section now and its just a big empty space. I bought two flats of Zinnias on Wednesday and planted them today.

Here is what it looks like-

Last picture you can get the entire view. Relocation daylily garden at the far end. Enlarged daylily grouping so as to balance it out at near end. Two rows of daylilies going accross in front directly behind the stacked stone wall. Then there is a bunch of bulb lillies in back of the daylilies but it doesn't run all the way accross. The zinnias end just after that row of lily bulbs.

Up top I just planted 25 gladiola bulbs and then will put the rest of my mini glads in front of them. There should still be some extra empty space buts its probably the best I can do for this year. I am really tired of planting and nothing else major is going to be done in this garden till next spring.

Comments (14)