SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Work Done in the Front yard daylily gardens (pics)

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I have no daylilies soaking, they are planted!

I have been working on the new sections of daylily beds in the front yard. First the planterbox from the street. I like this picture because it does show that there is a small hill section but then most of my gardens are uphill.

Closer to see the daylilies in three rows in the planterbox with lily bulbs in between.

Roses on the top part left and off to the right. More daylilies up top too more to the top right.

I finished planting in the planterbox yesterday. This should be stunning blooming. First I get the roses blooming mid june and then in July I should get a really big bang out of the two daylily sections. It was nice last year with only that top daylily section but this is what I had in mind all along and have been working towards for years for this side of the front yard.

Now moving over to the left side of the front yard-

There is a section of lily bulbs put in last spring in one part of that garden in back of the second row of daylilies.

The first row of daylilies along the low stone front wall were put in last fall. Today I finished the second row. It was done by planting afew of the last of the daylilies I had to plant and then by moving nine daylilies planted last fall that were directly in BACK of those lily bulbs into the second of the two rows in FRONT of the lily bulbs. There are now no daylilies back there anymore.

This garden still needs lots of work as I am no were near as far along on it as I have been in other areas of the yard. It also wasn't started all that long ago, last spring started it with the relocation garden (up in the top right in these pictures).

This empty section of were I moved the lilac bushes out of this spring.

Along the topmost of this bare section I intend to eventually put a row of Siberian Iris running accross this garden section.

This last picture shows the entire front yard and the two sections. I plan to put Tall Bearded Iris in that very skinny section right in front of the planterbox.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting