SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cailinriley

Any experience with these irises?

cailinriley
17 years ago

Hello, everyone. I've been pouring over Cedar Ridge's iris catalogue. It's such a shame the business is closing because they're carrying a large number of historic varieties.

I've had mixed success with Tall Bearded irises in my garden--the ones I've gotten (mostly NOID historics) from trades with local gardeners have done quite well, but new varieties that I've ordered by mail, or bought at a garden centre, have been hit and miss.

I'd love to try one of each of all the TB's that CR is offering, but the prices aren't that low. DH and I will be fixing up 3 bathrooms in less than a month; the budget for flowers is not as unlimited as I would like! Besides, I truly don't have room for all the ones I want.

So, I'm hoping that someone on this forum has grown some of the varieties on my "short" list, and can tell me if they're hardy in zone 3, reasonably floriferous, and garden worthy. I'd be grateful for any and all comments!!!

Best Bet

Babbling Brook (fragrant??)

Cinnamon Girl

Dauntless

Jesse's Song

Latin Lover

Gypsy Romance

Ring Around Rosie

Soft Jazz

Wabash

Swingtown (fragrant??)

Thornbird

Study in Black

Spartan

Prairie Sunset

Mary Frances (fragrant??)

Honky Tonk Blues

Pacific Panorama

Allegiance

Goodnight Moon

Before the Storm

Brown Lasso (not a TB--can't decide if I like the looks or not, LOL)

I did say SHORT list, didn't I? I have to cut this down by at least half. (Pounting and having a tantrum...) Please help!

Comments (5)