SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cascadians

'White Spot' Dawn Redwood

cascadians
15 years ago

Here are some pictures of my weird 'white spot' dawn redwood, planted June07 so in the ground now 1 year 2 months. It has a leader but the birds pounce on the leader so often it has made the tree more of a bush and now there's another couple branches vying to be the leader. It is really putting on the growth this early August08. The tips are elongating about 1" every couple days. Actually it's now about 1" per day. It's sort of a pale furry critter, widening even more than getting taller, and is usually sporting lots of birds since it's right in front of one of their jungle gym feeder systems. I love this tree!

My yard is entering that nice new flush of growth when the trees and grass think it's Autumn.

{{gwi:390332}}

{{gwi:390335}}

{{gwi:390339}}

{{gwi:390345}}

{{gwi:352691}}

Do you think it will be a tree or bush? It's growing very differently than my 2 straight dawn redwoods. Wonder if it will start putting on height as it gets established? Doing well for 1 year in the ground. It's right by baby trees that will get very large if they survive. All an interesting experiment ...

Comments (2)