SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Can't keep up with the planting.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Everytime the collection of plants needing planting gets down to were it looks like I might actually be able to finish I either go out to the local nursery and buy more or something comes in the mail that I ordered. And it all needs planting. Many times that means something has to be moved and that just makes more work. Plus it is spring, which means I have been moving some shrubs and plants since gardening started. 5 shrubs this spring, numberous daylilies, some ferns, one columbine, one hollyhock that must have self sown and couldn't stay were it came up (but I wanted it) and I can't remember what else.

As I am really truely out of room in my daylily beds I didn't order not even one daylily for this spring. And there have been year were I had ordered 200 for spring. And I don't know how I managed because that always ment making new garden beds and also moving daylilies around. You would think after years and years of moving daylilies there would be no daylilies left that need to be moved but that never seems to be so.

Today I was at my local favorite nursery again and bought 4 more tomato plants to add to the four I had already bought and planted, a flat of marigolds, a flat of state fair zinnias, 2 fish and 2 water hyacinths for the pond, a potted Becky Shasta daisey, some nasturtiums, some little annual daiseys, verbena, double impatients and can't remember what else. Found my lilies had arrived while I was gone. Couldn't even get to them, just started on some of the plants from today. I was halfway thru planting the marigolds when it started to sprinkle so I stopped and came inside. Sun is out again now so I will go out and finish with the marigolds.

Comments (25)