SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariel73

I guess I didn't make it.

ariel73
16 years ago

Well I had my interview for the master gardeners program last monday 1/14/08. They said they would make their decision by the weekend and then give everyone a call and let them know if the got in the program ot not.

Well it is thursday and I have not heard anything. I even called the office wednesday morning and left a message to ask if I had made it or not and still have not heard anything.

So at this point I am assuming I didn't make it. I wish I had got in the program but I guess it is not my time. Maybe next year.

Did anyone else interview for the Hillsborough County Master Gardener program?

Ariel

Comments (14)

• ariel73
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Never mind!!!!!!!
    I got a letter in the mail today telling me I was accepted!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

I am so excited!!!!

Ariel

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    16 years ago

Ariel,
    I am so happy for you! My county has just announced their program for this Spring. I won't be able to join this year as we have some big home improvement projects to do at this time. Maybe I will have time next year.
    Linda Leaf

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Ariel, Congratulations!! So glad you made it and hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Ginny

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Woo HOO!!! Congrats!!

Kate

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

Great Gardening Gurus I am so excited for you! You will not regret it. It is tons of fun,,,,and some very DIRTY work!

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Yahoozer! This will be so much fun for you! I thoroughly enjoyed the class. Have Fun~~~
    Kat

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

I don't come over here much, but this caught my eye and I have to add my Congrats too. I am so happy for you. Good luck, I know you'll enjoy it.

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Ariel, I want to add my congratulations to you also.
    Please share with us as you go along in your journey
    in enriching your gardening knowledge.
    Felix

• ariel73
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    I am really looking forward to this.
    I will try and keep everyone up to date on my progress.
    My classes start next month.

Ariel

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

Congratulations Ariel!! I am curious how this all works, please tell us everything :-)
    I looked into this, but was put off by the community service hours the Master Gardeners have to put in. Maybe it isn't all that bad?

Evelyn

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Evelyn the whole point is the volunteering to share your knowledge with the homeowners.

Here is a link that explains the program.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here

• butterflygardener
    16 years ago

Honestly, the volunteering, not only being the whole point of this program, is the best part! How wonderful to share a bit of your knowledge with others and maybe get them excited about changing the way they landscape! Now that is something we can all enjoy! Have fun!
    Kat

• happy_girl
    16 years ago

The friends you make are also a great plus. What better way to meet others with the same great desire to play in the dirt. I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. My classes were over this past Dec. & we have already gone on one field trip this year with more in the planning. Hopeful one each month. Awesome experience.

• Irma_StPete
    16 years ago

Ariel - Congratulations on entering the Master Gardeners Program! The e-mails (above) are so positive they've gotten me enthused to consider it for my nearing "retirement".
    Thanks for the tour of your gardens after the day at TampaArt's last fall - and for the many clippings (spring will tell whether I did right by them!)
    Irma

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor