SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sazzyrose

Hemerocallis Daylily 2008

sazzyrose
16 years ago

Grandma Jean, a daylily that I received from Brenda this fall has blessed me with buds and now a flower has opened in the New Year.

Watching the buds form has made me itch to start ordering. So I started searching and have placed an order with Red Lane Gardens. After talking with a local gardener, I found out that this is one of her favorite places to order daylilies from. So I am giving this place some of my business.

I ordered:

Beautiful Edgings

Border Sentry

Jade Star

Mad Max

Milano Violet Mark

Rose Emily

Rosy Lights.

Shelley

Comments (119)

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

Wow Laurie,
    You really have two green thumbs I think!
    That's awesome, I can only hope mine will do the same.
    Did you have to pay for a Phyto for the lilies you won on the LA, or were they from someone in Canada?

Rob

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Rob, they were from someone in Quebec...so we didn't have to pay phyto charges.

Ones that I got on the Lily Auction at the same time as the ones Laurie and I are sharing (also from the same person) are...
    Billy Stennett
    Musical Interlude
    Evelyn Kross
    Spacecoast Cotton Candy

Here's hoping that they all make it through our winters here on the Prairies.

I found a few daylily seeds the other week that were bee pollinated last summer in the yard and stuck into a kitchen drawer last fall. I did the hydrogen peroxide treatment for a few days and then planted them. They are just starting to come up. If they are not that large in the fall, I will just keep them inside next winter. I am glad it is not me with 700 seeds. Although, saying that, if any of the daylilies that Laurie and I won or that I won happen to set pods in the future, I will definitely be growing ALL those seedlings. :)

Rob, do you have the names of the crosses of daylily seeds you received and are starting?

Brenda

• Related Discussions

Daylily (hemerocallis) sales in Ontario

Q

Comments (1)
    Riverbend Gardens (Wroxeter) is having a sale until next weekend. Floral and Hardy is also having a sale on.
    ...See More

Daylilies June 2008

Q

Comments (28)
    This thread sure does add a lot to my "wish" list....it's getting longer by the day!lol I was away for the weekend and came back to lots of new blooms. Beautiful Edgings Blueberry Muffin Buttercup Parade Ed Murray Eggplant Escapade First Knight Malaysian Monarch Quest of Dreams And finally, the daylily that I looked high and low for, Forestlake Ragamuffin. It's got lots of gold edging on those teeth. I love it!
    ...See More

Hemerocallis Daylily

Q

Comments (150)
    Sharon when my Vivaces order came I was so excited I coluldn't wait to get home to soak then plant them. The fans and roots of mine were huge Absolutely Hunner, some of my new DLÂs had 4 fans to them. I soaked them in the sink overnight and they were all planted this morning and what a perfect day to plant, 20°C with rain forecasted for the weekend. Whoohooo! It sure is exciting, now I canÂt wait for my Cedar Ridge order to arrive. And my wish list for next year is incredibly long! ;) Sharon
    ...See More

Hemerocallis Daylily Part 2

Q

Comments (123)
    Laurie, somehow, I just can't see your DH being thrilled to get daylilies for Christmas, even if you do plant them for him. Maybe a tool or two or hockey tickets instead. :) Although he does seem to be happy with how the yard is turning out (daylilies, irises, etc and all) when I have been to the yard on Westman Gardeners tours. I suggested to my DH that I would give him daylilies for Christmas and he came back with the idea that he would then give me a hunting trip...then we could exchange after Christmas. The only thing he stipulated was that the value of the daylily gift had to be $25 while the hunting package would be $2500. I don't really think that would be fair. I also don't think he has any idea of the cost of daylilies either. Brenda
    ...See More
  • Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Rob, like Brenda said, we bought these from someone in Quebec, so didn't need a phyto. There are a couple of Canadians who sell plants and seeds on the LA, which is nice to see.

That's a very interesting starting method you've found there. It certainly would be interesting to try some seeds using it. There's just so much conflicting information out there it seems. On the daylily forum some people claim that you should never cut seedling foliage as it weakens them, others claim that they do it all the time. I guess you just have to try it for yourself and see what works best for you. My seedlings from last year, I started the end of January and planted out mid June, and they've done well. This year I started them towards the end of February and will plant out in June again hopefully. I didn't mulch the seedlings last year, but the seeds I started this year I bought on the LA, so I think I'll mulch for this winter just in case.;0)

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

Hi Brenda and Laurie,,

Nice to hear from you both again so soon..

Brenda.. yes I do have most of the names of the crosses of seeds I've won on the LA, except for a few bonuses and one batch of seeds that I negotiated for with 'Red' or Rich Surmont after I won one auction and lost a second, which just went too high... he emailed me and said he could duplicate the losing bid, (which was a combo of spiders and regular dl sds) or just send me all spider and unusual forms...I took him up on the latter and got 50 spider and uf seeds for $30 though they're not labelled as to parents :-( (He did say some of the seeds were courtesy of Harris Olson, the person the Spider Award is named after and who got him started in growing these great daylilies...)
    I've bought seeds from Ellen Laprise (Thankyou),, very expensive,, but probably worth it,,
    I've bought seeds from Nina LaPierre,, (Kivariver).
    She's very generous and very helpful with info.. she sent me awhole lot of extra dl seeds as well as Japanese Iris seeds if you'd like to try some.... I'm going to try afew to see if they'll make it here,,I think she gave like 200+
    I won some great spider seed crosses from Carol Anderson on the LA, she sent some unknown crosses too as bonuses..
    I won 27 auctions from Lighthousegal (Cynthia Tyrell) and paid quite a few dollars for some of those wins,, some not so much,, but over $100 in seeds,, she gave me a total of 15 Bonus seeds,, or around 1/2 a seed per auction win..
    I was pretty disappointed in that,,but at least she sent what I had paid for..
    I also won quite a few auctions ($55) from Dave Mussar (DWM) in Ontario,, I was very excited to get these seeds as he advertises: (Hardy seeds for Northern growers), but, I paid him over three weeks ago, and no seeds yet.. I emailed him yesterday asking when he sent out the seeds and he emailed me back saying he got so busy he forgot to send them... bummer,, :-(

so, I guess it's hit and miss, I think Dave is a stand up guy and really did get too busy,, I would like to order from him again,, because he seems to want to develop some great cold hardy daylilies,,,

Brenda,, I'll make a list and let you know the crosses I've got tomorrow, ok?

night all,
    Rob

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Sharon, I wanted to ask you, when you mulch with straw what do you do with it all in the spring? (Chop it up and work it in?)
    I use it as mulch around the plants and on the walkways, usually I'll pull it to the sides or I'll move it to different areas in the garden. I have alot of garden space and I use ALOT of straw.

I was going to place an order with Coral Kinkaid at Nova Scotia Daylilies, but she doesn't accept PayPal, which I find easier to use.
    Hmm, that's strange, I used Paypal when I ordered from Coral.

I'm kind of scared if all my DL orders come all in at once. LOL, thank goodness I start my month vacation on the 15th of this month;)

Sharon

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

Brenda,,

I've seen a pic you've posted on Dave's Garden of dl 'Potentate' and was wondering where you purchased it from?
    Brian Mahieu mentioned it on Pollen Nation as one great dl to use as a pollen or pod parent...

Rob

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

Hi Sharon,,

So you use straw as a mulch during the summer too?
    I was thinking of using wood chips,,

I was at Nova Scotia Daylilies and I thought it said she didn't accept Paypal,, I would have ordered from her for sure, because she has alot of great plants there,, maybe I'll have to check it out again,, and place an order..
    I'll mention your name sharon.. maybe she'll give me a deal.. lol

thanks again,,
    Rob

• Joan Dupuis
    16 years ago

Holy Cr*p Rob, do you have a field ploughed up for all these plants and seedlings. Living in the city on a small property lot, I find it hard to imagine the space needed for planting that many plants. Please share pics later. Hope you don't have a full time job, cause don't know how you'd look after that many all at once. LOL

Looks like my seedlings made it just fine. The name tags got blown around... thank goodness I made a paper map of what is planted where.

Joan

Joan

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Woohoo, the daylilies from Michel in Quebec arrived today, and they are huge! The roots are massive too! And he sent a very nice bonus as well, 'Margo Reed Indeed', a very pretty near white ufo. What a great day.:0)

Here is a link that might be useful: Margo Reed Indeed

• debbie_z2
    16 years ago

oooh!! That is gorgeous Laurie! happy planting!
    Deb

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Rob, I got my Potentate from a girlfriend. I could find out whether hers is large enough to split again or not. I just checked mine but it is still too small to be able to split off a piece for you.

Brenda

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

Hi Brenda,,
    That's ok,, I'll try and find it somewhere on the net...
    BTW,, wow, I've been looking at those dl's you and Laurie have ordered and they are awesome,,, nice picks, I hope they do well for you both...
    congrats Brenda and Laurie on the new members of your hem family...

rob

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Well I'm very pleased with my order this year from F&H. I too ordered single fans this year since most of the last years double fans were split anyways. ICE CARNIVAL was the only one that came as a thin fan but at least the roots look well enough, I'm sure it will be ok once planted.
    This year they shipped Expedited Parcel out on a Monday and I appreciated to receive them today on a Friday. They were each wrapped individually in newspaper, as well the Hostas were wrapped in paper towel and then in tin-foil.

I will definitely order again next year with F&H!

Sharon

• explorer_mb
    16 years ago

That's great Sharon,

That makes me wonder abit about Ice Carnival because I ordered it too,(haven't got it yet), but from Gardeness Gardens and Liz sent a message saying it didn't come back well and only one fan showing.
    She said she'd send it along with a double fan of Ocean Ice free of charge.
    I looked up Ocean Ice and it's an evergreen so I hope it proves to be a hardy one...

I was just wondering, do you think I should tell Coral at Nova Scotia Daylilies to wait to send me my order before or after her trip to the US? Either next week or wait til mid June?
    I'm not ready for them until the beginning of June, but I could pot them up and stick them in when everything is ready, what do you think?

THanks for your help
    Rob

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received my plants from F&H the other day too. I was very pleased this year too. We had a little misunderstanding and one that I had wanted from Song Sparrow wasn't ordered.-(Raspberry Swirl). Oh well.I'll get it next year.

I potted them all up. And tucked them into the greenhouse for now.
    What did you order from there Sharon?

Shelley

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Rob,

Each year as I receive the new perennials, I pot them up immediately. Then, after when I have the time, I leisurely decide where in the yard each new perennial will be placed. Just tip the perennial out of the pot and into its new home. All my new 2008 perennials are in the greenhouse right now also.

I like to get the new perennials ASAP in the spring so that they can grow and adjust to my yard for as long as possible here in their first summer.

So, I would ask Coral to send them next week. I would think that this would be easier on the plants also since they would be not as mature as they would be if growing in her place until mid June.

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

I have my F&H soaking in the kitchen sinks right now, I'll be planting them all out this weekend.

I will be planting my orders as they come in. I have a holding garden where everything will be planted in rows till they mature and moved into the gardens.

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Hey Shelley, this is what I ordered. I thought I listed it before ;)

Floral & Hardy
    Daylilies
    APRICOT SERENADE
    APRON STRINGS
    AWESOME BLOSSOM
    BLACKBERRY CANDY
    BLUEBERRY MUFFIN
    BLUEBERRY SUNDAE
    DARK AND HANDSOME
    FORTY SECOND STREET
    ICE CARNIVAL
    MARY TODD
    MARISKA (gift plant)
    PURE AND SIMPLE
    REAL PURPLE STAR
    REGAL TAPESTRY
    SILOAM DOUBLE CLASSIC
    SILOAM JUNE BUG
    SILOAM TOMMY TUCKER
    SPACECOAST STARBURST
    TANGERINE ROSE RUFFLES
    Hostas
    DREAM QUEEN
    DREAM WEAVER
    EL NINO
    FIRE AND ICE
    GREAT EXPECTATIONS
    LITTLE RED ROOSTER
    MINUTEMAN
    NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
    PATRIOT
    PAUL'S GLORY
    STAINED GLASS
    SUN POWER
    UNDULATA MEDIOVARIEGATA

• explorer_mb
    15 years ago

Thanks Brenda,

I was thinking the same thing and emailed Coral and asked her to send the plants before she goes away if at all possible...

Rob

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

My mom received her Floral & Hardy order today, and they are all super! quite a difference from my order, but mine will catch up someday:)
    Deb

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My order from Strongs today. All I can say is wow.

My gift plant is 3 fans of Prismatic. I had inquired about this daylily, but decided that I didn't want to pay the $50 this year for it.
    The others ones I bought were:
    Creature of the Night
    Borders on Pink
    Blueberry Breakfast
    Trancendent Artistry

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Wow, lucky you, Prismatic is a stunner! So is Creature of the Night, and I love the bicolour of Borders on Pink, and the rich colour of Trancendent Artistry, and Blueberry Breakfast is also a lovely purple! Very nice picks, I'm sure you'll love them all. I've never ordered from Maureen before, were they good size fans?

Happy planting,
    Laurie

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

I really really like Borders on Pink. I like its pink bicolors. I really like large flowers on small plants. It has a 5" flower on a 17" plant. Wow! It is going on my wish list. So, how many years before you can take a piece off the edge of it for me, Shelley??

Good choices, I like them all too.

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wouldn't say that the fans were over huge on my newest ones, but they were a decent size. On the plus side, she sent 3 fans of everything.
    I actually ordered because of Maureen's great service last year. I was in the middle of my order and emails last year,when I started to get concerned about my health. After a bit I decided to place the order anyways and I asked her to send out the plants as soon as she received my cheque. But I received the plants the same day as she as she got the cheque. How can you not trust someone like that?

Plus I had been on the hunt for Creature of the Night.

Hopefully Brenda BOP is a fast grower. I'll put it on your want list.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Shelley, put my name on all of them for a future trade ;), they are all so beauiful, great choices you picked!

Yesterday I received my order from Nova Scotia DL's, so far, out of all the growers I have ordered from, this grower out beats all of them for size, they are huge!

Sharon

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

I just received my order today from Nova Scotia Daylilies and OMG!! they are huge, HUGE and a minimum of 3 fans on each variety I ordered. Coral emailed me last Sunday saying she couldn't find the tag for Curds and Whey, and if I wanted to substitute...I chose Jurassic Spider.
    I can't even compare this order to my previous one and certainly will be buying from Coral next year.
    Now off to check out pics of Shelley's recent arrivals
    Debbie

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

I know Debbie, aren't they HUGE! For sure I'll be placing another big order next year with Coral too. I wonder what she's got in her miracle soil to make them so big, I thought it was all rock in NS! LOL

I'm just taking a coffee break right now from planting ;).

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

Shelley...LOVE Prismatic and Creature of the Night! Can't wait to see bloom pics of yours!

and yes Sharon, I was pretty happy when I opened this box! they are all soaking in a bucket and will be busy the next few days planting all my stuff out.
    My youngest sister & husband are running the Blue Nose Marathon in Halifax this Sunday and my mother went with them to help watch their kids and have a holiday.
    They are going to try to get to either Coral's or Old Heirloom roses. I said I wanted either a buck rose or a far out daylily:)
    Debbie

• debbie_z2
    15 years ago

My Artemis order arrived yesterday, and I am very pleased! Definitely comparable to the Nova Scotia daylily for size of roots & number of fans.
    Mad Max (it wasn't offered, but I asked if she had it and she sent me a division)
    Mynelle's Starfish (one I really wanted & it is 4 fans)
    Twist of Lemon
    Kings Throne
    Enjoy (my substitute for Purple Heather)
    Soft Lavender (gift plant)
    I quickly sat them beside my Fun Fling in the pot, who is doing fine,although small (my largest division from that order, was much smaller than the smallest of this order)
    But at least Fun Fling appears to be flourishing:)

and below is when Fun Fling arrived and sorry the pic is blurry, but I have a Q tip beside it to show how tiny these fans were

Deb

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All of my daylily orders are in with the exception of Vivaces Nordiques. I have to say that I was pleased with them all.
    I recently received my orders from Nova Scotia, Red Lane, Monfort, Fairyscape and We Are In the Hayfield Now.

WITH had the most impressive looking plants. The fans are huge and were shipped express so there was absolutely no yellowing.
    Fairyscape surprised me with 2 bonuses and tons of fans even on the plants that were supposed to be a single fan. Fuchsia Cockatoo and Forty Second Street were my bonuses.
    Redlane sent me a couple gift plants as well..Indy Long Legs and Karen Sue.
    Monfort, Redlane and Nova Scotia are all comparable when it comes to the size of their divisions....some a nice and some are huge.
    Now I need heat here so my new babies can grow and bloom.

Shelley

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    15 years ago

I only ordered three daylilies, two Darius and one June Bug (because Darius was born in June). I received them this week and while the foliage was yellowed, the root system was really impressive. They're in containers now and probably will go outside on the weekend - not in the ground yet because their new home hasn't been prepared.

Forgot - i was sent one Sugar Time as a bonus. Nice!

• explorer_mb
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Well, I shouldn't write this yet, since I still have one order to arrive from Gardeness Gardens, but I have received two orders already.

The first order was from Coral at Nova Scotia Daylilies.
    All the plants were in good condition, although the usual yellowing of outter leaves was evident. This was to be expected since they came all the way from Nova Scotia.
    I didn't receive any other bonus plant, but quite a few of the ones I did order came with three fans. I was quite satisfied and would order from her again.

The second batch I received last Thursday was from Joe at Hawkvalley Hemerocallis Haven.
    He's the one I mentioned earlier that was very into spider types of daylilies.
    Well, I don't know if I should tell you this, or just keep it to myself, but...
    I ordered 20 plants from Joe and each one had at least three fans, with the majority of them having four or more...
    I had emailed him at the last minute to see if he could sell me a couple of fans of 'Firestorm' that he didn't have for sale but had in his garden. I had wanted it but couldn't find it at the other two places. He said he would send it as a bonus with the order...
    Great bonus... it had at least six fans...
    Needless to say I was very appreciative and will be shopping there next year for sure...

I don't know if Gardeness Gardens can measure up to that, but I'm looking forward getting the last of my plants here so I can get them all in the ground...

Happy Gardening,
    Rob

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawkvalley Hemerocallis Haven

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

I just got my box of dayliles in today from Monfort and all I can say is WOW, a big huge WOW! I am so impressed with the size and how healthy the fans are that they sent! I will for sure be ordering again from this grower next spring!

Gardeness Gardens, I was not so impressed, 70% of my order were small fans and small roots, a couple of the hostas were really really small for the price I paid for them. I'll only order from there if I can't find a particular cultivar anywhere else.

Still waiting for Vivaces Nordiques order, anyone get there orders in yet from them?

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Rob I will have to try Hawkvalley Hemerocallis Haven next year too even though his website drives you nuts with those bouncing rhinos ;)

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was really impressed with Montfort as well Sharon.

Today I received my order from VC. I was extra impressed. They sent huge fans and in great shape. Very comparable with We Are in the Hayfield.
    I would say these 2 places sent me the nicest fans.

Time will tell who sent the most mature.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Shelley, oh that is so good to hear. It's good to know that they are good growers out there. VC will be sending out my plants later next week.

What all daylilies did you order then, I thought you were only ordering just a few this year, LOL!

I managed to get all my Monfort plants planted yesterday, today I have about 30 seedlings to get done and to mulch around with straw.

You know that holding garden that I started last year, geez, I'm actually running out of room. But that is it, no more making new beds or fields, I have enough to take care of.

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A few turned into... more than a few. LOL.
    My VC order included
    Janice Brown
    Lavender Blue Baby
    Echoes of Mercy
    Crystalline Pink FB

My WITH order was
    Queen Priscilla
    Richard Steel
    Carolyn Lorrain

Fairyscape Daylilies order included (Also another very high rated supplier in my eyes)
    Border Lord
    Hillbilly Heart...had to get this one after looking at pictures.
    Leaping Lizard
    Nefertiti
    Roses in Snow
    Fourty Second Street fb
    Fuschia Cockatoo fb

The other daylilies are all posted above.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

LOL, I know how it is Shelley! Echoes of Mercy is beautiful, I'll have to go look the rest up at Tinkers ;)

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Shelley, Hillbilly Heart got you too, eh?LOL I sure hope it likes our zone!

Yes, I also agree that Monfort does send very nice, healthy daylily roots. I was impressed with them. Gardeness fans were a bit smaller, however they were a bit cheaper too, so it does even out.

We recieved our order from Bonibrae the other day, and I was very impressed with the size of the roots and the bonuses. For bonuses we received 'Darla Anita', 'Red Lightning' and 'Bonibrae Jack Laundry'. We had ordered a double fan of 'Forestlake Raggamuffin' and he sent 4 fans of it, and few others were clumps of 4 or 5 fans, so Brenda and I were very happy with the whole order.

I'll give a link to Bonibrae Jack Laundry, as you won't find it at Tinker's.

So this is the end of the mail order daylilies for this year. I never did order from Vivaces Nordiques, and that's ok, as I think I have enough already! All the daylilies are potted up, so I still have to plant them out, and I still haven't even cleaned off all of my perennial beds either yet. I think I'm at my limit of what I can keep up with. Now I just want to sit back and watch them grow and bloom.:0)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonibrae Jack Laundry

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Us daylily nuts are definitely going to have to do some major trading in the future. They are all so beautiful that your gals picked out!

Leaping Lizard is up my alley ;)

Sharon
    (who is appreciating this wonderful rain today!)

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Laurie, once you said that you ordered Hillbilly Heart, and I went searching for pic's...I knew I had to have it. It wasn't until after I ordered, that I realized I also had ordered 2 others that Brenda and you had ordered....Roses in Snow and Nefertiti. Similar tastes obviously.

Trades for sure Sharon.

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    15 years ago

Yeah, I just love those rich, saturated colours, and the more contrast, the better I like it! :)

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Oh heck, I went and ordered more DL's from F&H!
    I've got them potted up and will overwinter these in the pumphouse.

DRAGON FIRE BREATH (sf)
    IVORY EDGES (sf)
    JOYCE BRUDD (sf)
    LAVENDER SPIDER(sf)
    PIZZA CRUST (sf)
    PHYLLIS CANTINI (sf)
    RUFFLED PASTEL CHEERS sale $9.50
    SILOAM AMAZING GRACE (sf)
    SILOAM PAUL WATTS (sf)
    SILOAM PENNY (sf)
    SILOAM PINK GLOW sale $3.00
    SILOAM SUGAR TIME sale $3.00
    SMOOTH VANILLA PASTEL (sf)
    WILSON SPIDER (sf)
    YABBA DABBA DOO (sf)

Sharon

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

It was tempting to order with the fall sale with Floral and Hardy but, I still have all the ones I purchased this spring in pots awaiting their permanent homes yet. About 100 or so...

And, I have a large hosta order that I did with 9 neighbors and friends in the area is arriving any day now from NovaScotia thru Pat Vinish, the hostageek. He has the best prices in Canada that I have found and is offering to send them with no shipping charges for this fall. Also because he is private there is no taxes. Then when the two banana box sized boxes arrive, those hostas will need to be dispursed and planted up also. The majority of the 60 or so ordered are for me. So, then they need to get into permanent homes in my yard also.

Lots to do at this time of the year.

Nice choice of daylilies, Sharon!

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Brenda, will you be finding permanent homes for those 100 potted dl's next spring. Where are you going to put them all?

I have FORESTLAKE RAGGAMUFFIN reserved from NS dayliles for next year ;)

Oh btw, I want all these dayliles in the link below!

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Korth Daylilies

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

I'm confused, are these two growers the same company?

http://www.fairyscapedaylilies.com/

http://www.fairyscapedaylilies.com/Bonibrae.htm

Sharon

• sazzyrose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No they are not Sharon. Michaela must help Bonibrae with their website.

I almost placed a fall order with F&H...but changed my mind. I'll wait until spring. Earlier in the week I was in contact and have a few reserved with Coral at NSD for next spring. Sharon...obsessive minds think alike.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

Thanks Shelley, was it you that ordered from Michaela (fairyscapedaylilies)? How was the daylilies?

Yeah, obsessive all right, I'm adding a few more each day it seems to my NSD 2009 list and its only frick'n Sept!

reservations are dangerous!

Sharon

• Joan Dupuis
    15 years ago

OMG Sharon, I just checked out the site you posted "Korth Daylilies". There are some beauties there, but do people actually pay $125. for one lily. Package deal of 12 for only $1,125. I think it was.

• Crazy_Gardener
    15 years ago

They sure do, I'm not that daring to spend that much $ on one DL, let along a collection.

I do though have a couple of Korths' on reservation for next year.

Sharon