SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ireena_7

This summer trip to Edwin Smits nursery

ireena (zone 5-6)
10 years ago

This summer was rich with impressions. I have visited the Czech Republic, Poland, Holland and Estonia. I saw a lot of beautiful gardens and met many nice and interesting people. Of course, I bought the new plants to my collection....:)

I have a lot of photos and have a lot to tell and show you. But everything little by little:) Because currently there are a lot of work in the garden and my new Pinetum.... or Arboretum... or simply - in the my new meadow:) My main job does not allow me to devote enough time to my hobby... Only evenings and weekends...

I had one lovely and memorable trip to Holland - finally visiting Edwin Smits nursery and Pinetum. It is not too close to me .... A trip get 2 days - one way. But it was definitely worth it.

First of all, I met a very nice, hospitable and affectionate people - Edwin and his lovely wife Mireille.

Despite the language barrier, we were able to successfully communicate. I gained experience to speak my terrible English:) But since that Edwin is not English man too, then I had not a big shame...

Edwin's nursery is unique. Everything is so beautiful, accurate and aesthetically pleasing. Plants quality is very high... You can see that everything is done with great love.

Beautyful Chamaecyparis lawsoniana Filip's Golden Tears... My future dream... Being counted that in our climate quite difficult to be grown (lawsonianas). But lawsoniana 'Alumii' feels quite good at sheltered area in my garden.

Whatever, when my husband saw this huge amount of plants, which had been prepared for me, he almost caught the stroke:))).

But Edwin has shown that it can all be packed in the trailer. He did it himself, which was in turn a huge gift for my husband! It is evident that he has experience in such matters...

As a whole was so much that I did not even know where to look. It can be dangerous for depend person like me:). It was good that the list had already been ordered in time and I hadn't to choose on the spot. Then I pick up even more...:)

And in the he car still has plenty of space to store gifts from Edwin... All very rare and special plants.... I can be proud of them:)

Then Edwin showed us his wonderful Pinetum. It is a dream land for anyone who collects conifers! I photographed a lot of plants that I saw for the first time. And I could see how my small plants looks, when they become large. Unfortunately, I can not precisely sign all photos, because I did not have time to write down the names...

Enjoy you too -

Huge Sciadopitys!!!!

Many large and old trees as well.

It was nice to once again remember this visit!:)

Ireena

Comments (21)