SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
violet_girl

What is your Nettle or Sticker Story?

Violet_Girl
20 years ago

I have looked around these forums for stuff on stickers and nettles, but didn't find what I wanted. So here is a place to put all those rather embarassing stories of That Time When I-

While walking around my grandparent's three acres,I came across a large thing I thought was a small wild cactus. It was kind of viny, and covered in spines...

Vaguely, the sensible, I-have-been-here-before-and-this-looks-bad part of me said, NETTLE! but I didn't listen. The thing was already mowed down mostly and, with thoughts of the little siblings' bare feet in mind, I thought I would just crush it a bit further to ensure no regrowth. So with my mind full of thoughtfulness, and my heart full of, well, big-heartedness, I attempted to smush it.

Surely those very mean-looking spines would not slip around the edge of my FLIP-FLOPS!

Well, I should have listened to myself.. After I stopped seeing stars and pulled out all the spines, I spent THREE WEEKS nursing a line of

stingy blisters and, towards the end, their corresponding itchy scabs. Bad, very bad.

Then there was the time I SAT on one of those inncocent looking nettles...

And the time I ran/backed (don't ask how!) into a Prickly Pear Cactus..

Well let's just say, I don't grow cacti over six inches tall anymore!

Comments (5)

Sponsored