SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

HAVE: advance notice - unusual seed exchange

bonniepunch
15 years ago

This is just a heads up, as it's still too early to do this (many seeds are still ripening), but I will be arranging my 'unusual seed exchange' again this year.

Rules and info will be posted towards the end of October.

If you're new to GW, it works like this: You send me some of your unusual seeds, I swap them with some other seeds that other participants send in and mail them back to you. It is a blind exchange - you won't know what you're going to get in advance. I do allow suggestions of seeds you are looking for and seeds you definitely don't want, but ultimately, what you get, depends on what I receive. I usually allow multiple packets of the same sort of seed, so even if you only have one sort of seed, you can join in.

This is for unusual seeds only - not rare or expensive seeds. Unusual seeds are seeds that you won't (usually) find at places like Canadian Tire or Veseys. Named Hosta or Daylily varieties, native plants, houseplants or tropical plants, perennials that are usually sold as live plants, are examples of unusual seeds. White Echinacea or cosmos are not unusual. I will ask for a list of seeds you wish to submit and I may refuse some seeds if I feel they do not meet the criteria (this is to keep it as fair as possible for all participants).

Keep your eyes on this exchange page for more info! If you are an infrequent visitor but wish to participate, email me and I will notify you when the exchange begins.

BP

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions