SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newbi_gw

WANTED: Newbi looking for various seeds

newbi
18 years ago

I'm relatively new to gardening and have decided to start the majority of my flowers from seed next year. I'm hoping to start many by the winter sowing method (my first try at this so cross your fingers and wish me luck). I was wondering if anyone has any suitable seeds that they may be willing to pass along to me for a SASE. Since I am new to gardening I don't really have anything to trade. I do have flowers in my garden which I am going to try to harvest some seeds from in the coming weeks but the problem is... I don't know the names of most plants so I can't really honestly trade with them. I do promise that anything I grow over the next year will be properly labelled and I will repay the favour next year by offering up seeds that I have been able to collect.

I'm looking for seeds that are relatively easy to grow - I don't want to be too discouraged by my first attempts!! In particular I would be interested in any of the following: Rudbeckia, Candytuft, Bleeding Heart, Columbine, Balloon flower, Phlox, Foxgloves, Petunia, Schizanthus (butterfly flower). However, I'm very appreciative of anything that you think I might be successful at growing. Thanks so much!!!

Lisa

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions