SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gingerflower_gw

Any advice for plantings (I obviously need some!)

gingerflower
15 years ago

{{gwi:662100}}

{{gwi:662103}}

It's been a while since I've visited here, but this forum is one of my favorites! I wanted to check in with my first post with my first house. I need some serious help with curb appeal! Of the few things we planted last year salvia is the only thing that survived! We live in a dry dry area with clay soil besides. Luckily I love salvia so I will plant more. If anyone has any other suggestions on plantings I would appreciate them, as we have dug out our front beds and would like to fill them up! I am pretty sure that any prairie plants will work with the clay and luckily I love echinacea too. I also love redtwig dogwood and I'm pretty sure they died because I didn't water them enough... I just thought I would check in and see if anyone had suggestions. This is East facing with hot summers in the 90s and winters down to about zero.

I guess I don't have a great picture of the beds on the side of the porch but they are about 6 feet wide. This does make me a little nervous...lots to fill as well as weed. :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored