SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

A few of us got together....

valleyrimgirl
17 years ago

On Monday, May 22, a few of us from the Far North Gardening Forum got together at my place. Michele (hunnerbun) came down from Thompson for the weekend and met Marg, Laurie and I here at my place on Monday morning. I gave them a tour of my yard, telling them to ignore the weeds that were there and enjoy the flowers instead. Michele wanted some perennials for her yard and so we had a great time looking at the assortment of perennials here. Because of the early spring we have had almost every flowerbed had tulips, irises, lungwort and/or daffodils blooming in it.

After the tour of the yard we went into the sunroom where I served the 'girls' some Rhubarb-Cherry Platz (will post the recipe under 'all that rhubarb' later) and some Raspberry Iced Tea.

{{gwi:692427}}

For the plant exchange Marg brought over a mini iris, in bloom, and a Japanese iris. Laurie had some perennials along including pink and white gas plants. Michele and Laurie just went through my flowerbeds picking out perennials that they liked and we divided them if they happened to be large enough. Michele went home with a full tray of perennials to plant this week in her yard.

From left to right...Michele, Laurie, Brenda and Marg standing in front of the cherry prinsepia shrub by the house.

It was great to see Michele and now when I visit with her on Far North I know who I am talking to.

Same with Marcia...each time I see her name in a posting I think of her in her housecoat giving her presentation at the hort meeting. :)

Brenda

Comments (30)