SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Seed shopping again

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

Picked up a pack of "Love In a Mist" vine for the bean trellis in the veg garden since I won't be planting green beans this year. I tried this vine once long ago and loved it but had it on a low fence. Also some "Love Lies Bleeding" for the section of dark green, wood picket fence between the privet hedge. Then couldn't resist a pack of white hollyhock seed, they are double blooms looking more like a single with a pom pom in the middle. I usually plant only my favorite single hollyhock but am anxious to try this white, but know I'll have to be patient and hope for blooms next year or the year after depending upon how soon I can get the seed in the ground and how mature the plants become before Fall.

Almost bought some chocolate Morning Glory but wasn't sure if the color would be true as they were further described as "deep red/brownish". Anyone grow them and really end up with brown blooms? Not quite sure where to plant my Heavenly Blue MGs this year so haven't bought any seed yet.

So far I've only planted my Sweet Peas. The ground is much too cool yet for the zinnias and nasturtiums.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio