SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

First Nursery Trip of the Year Today.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and warm hurray. I decided to go to Home Depot, Agway and my favorite nurseries so off I went for goodies for the garden. First time this season.

First off Agway to buy 8 bales of Straw so that I can mulch. I didn't do the pick up bagged leaves in the fall and mulch which I usually do so my garden really needs mulching this spring. I was going to buy 6 bales to start but the guy said they were smaller than usual so I got eight. It's not like I am not going to use them.

Then I stopped at a local nursery and looked at violas but didn't buy any as I knew I was going to another nursery.

Next stop Home Depot were I bought two Columbines. I need more for my project but they only had purple and white so I only bought two as I wanted other colors too. They are tall so going in the back row.

Then bought two preplanted bowl planters with violas, so pretty.

Next stop last nursery were I bought two flates of orange violas, small bag of garden sulfer to keep my hydrangas blue. Fertilizers, one bag of Rose Tone for the roses and one bag of Flower Tone for the daylilies. I usually get plant tone for the daylilies but decided to try Flower Tone. I am sure the daylilies would like either one anyway.

{{gwi:674422}}

Columbines.

{{gwi:690641}}

Purple viola planters. I put them up on my kitchen stoop after the picture.

{{gwi:690642}}

Orange viola flats.

{{gwi:674423}}

I have this little garden started by the side of my porch. I put bulbs in last fall, it has Duch iris in front, then tulips and last a row of Daffodils. Nothing blooming. But I am going to put Columbines way in the back. (I need more than just those purple and white ones). Then I plan to plant the two flats of orange violas along in there amoung the bulbs so that I have color after the bulbs die down.

{{gwi:690643}}

Here it is again. I will take another picture after I get the violas planted.

By the way, all the violas I planted last year died. So much for perennial violas ha-ha. So this is all I plan to get in violas this year. Well, maybe one or two more, maybe not.

Comments (12)