SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mymajesticcat

Planning help for perennial front beds !!

mymajesticcat
11 years ago

Ok. I'm trying to create a cottage garden look at my home. I've had several professional " horticulturists " that charge a lot and are not giving me the look I want. After 6 years of frustration , too much $ spent , figuring out that these " professionals " were planting roses and delphinium in shade , I fired the last batch of them and bought some garden gloves. Thanks to God , the Internet , and nice garden shop people , I'm doing pretty ok. Here is my biggest problem right now. Remember , I'm only 1 year in !

I have two triangular shaped beds at the front of the walkway to my home. They are quite large, if I put them both together they would make a rectangle about 12 x 12.
I've had them looking good at times and bad at times. What I'd really like to do is get them planted in a good perennial plan , with year round interest. Be able to add some annuals but not spend a ton on annuals. I'd like to find some nice border plants for the edges that would stay green. I'd like to be able to put tulip bulbs in and not have to look at all of the dying foliage because it drives me nuts for weeks. ( maybe plant tulips en mass behind salvia or something ?)
This is all so complicated. It's making my head hurt. Everywhere else I can slowly just add groupings if things. But because these beds are just sitting out in the open I'm having trouble- there's no back to the bed.
These beds get blazing full sun.

Help !!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!