SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Brick mason is done with his part....

User
17 years ago

Here are the finished photos of what the "pros" did.

The existing walkway was covered with the brick :

{{gwi:653360}}

this is the landing and step down from the french doors:

{{gwi:653363}}

Now this is where I am going to put the rest of the bricks. I need to get from the end of the landing to the "little house" and around to the other gate. Any suggestions for blending the before/after are REALLY welcome !

{{gwi:653365}}

And then a patio off of the landing so I will have a place for my old willow furniture. I have a swing and two chairs and a coffee table.

{{gwi:653368}}

Marylu : yes I am going to do the screenings . It is known as "1089" here. My brick guy has volunteered to supervise my efforts and also to let me hire a couple of his willing workers for cash on the weekends. He suggested we do the screenings and then get a grout bag and make up the mix and pipe it between the bricks ( like cake frosting) so that the finished result will not look too different from what he has done. I don't want my work to look like amateur night at the brickyard ...LOL. It going to be a challenge. I am having the rest of the stumps ground on Monday. I have cleared every rock and he is coming back to fine tune the area on the hill. Then the fence guy is coming in a week or so to erect a privacy fence between the neighbors and my area. He will also add more picket fence around the "little house" and mend the old fence and gates.

Whew !! Memo and Holly : oh yeah I am compulsive about getting this done . My DH's 60th B'day is May 10th and I want it to look great for his party. Good motivation.

We are expecting huge storms today so it will soften the ground and I can dig to my heart's content on Sunday....Caroline

Comments (25)

Sponsored