SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitdobe

Mason update

whitdobe
13 years ago

Someone asked how Mason was doing so I thought I'd give you all an update. He was back at the vet early in the new year for a check up. One of the three meds he's on has done a good job of draining the fluid around his heart. The vet was able to reduce his dosage a bit, which is a good thing because it's very hard to live with a dog that has to potty every hour and a half, day and night. He can go a bit longer now.

That was the good news. The bad news is that unlike the last visit, Mason's heart registered quite a few irregular heartbeats. This wasn't good news but, it wasn't unexpected. He's on meds to support his heart function and they're doing what they can.

He's still eating, cuddling with me and playing with Jovi. He's a happy boy and, for the most part, behaving normally. He has had a few "stare into space" moments recently. The vet mentioned me might have those if/when his heart went into irregular beats.

And I have no idea why....both Mason and MY MOTHER were diagnosed with congestive heart failure within a month of each other. It's been a horrible Christmas but I'm very thankful that my Mom is out of the hospital and actually seems better than she has for years. Fortunately, she doesn't have the DCM that Mason also has and as long as her fluid is kept under control, she can live for many more years.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH