SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missylin_gw

My Daylily Adventure Yesterday (Long)

missylin
15 years ago

Yesterday I drove from my home in central Florida to the panhandle to Gene Wynn's daylily garden. This was quite a expedition for me- over a four hour drive. It was a lovely day for a drive for my doggies, KaShi and Lady Marisa, and I. I also bought the daylilies I got last year from Gene, after reading about him on this forum.

I had a great time, and learned so much! Rather than bore you with all the details of my time up there, I'll cut to the chase and tell you what I bought. Gene has a beautiful daylily garden. He has his own beds which are intersperced with other plants, as yours are. The plants he sells are already in pots, in alphabetical order.

Any comments on my "get" would be appreciated. (Your experiences with any of them, which would look nice together, etc. At the bottom I'll list what I already had.)I have to decide what would look nice next to what now, and which flower bed to put each one in.

2 Blue-eyed butterfly

1 Elegant Fashion- soft pink

3 It's a Miracle - cloud pink

2 My Special Angel - yellow with heavy edge, green throat

2 True Devotion- near white

2 Taken by Storm - (first dark one I've gotten) deep purple, green throat

2 Song in My Heart- pink w/ green throat

1 Sublime Enchantment - vivid rose pink w darker pink eye,green throat,

This is what I already have:

3 Betty Warren Woods

4 Victorian Lace

1 Spacecoast Sweetness (I live on the Space Coast)

2 Humdingers

3 Crystal Rapids (one died :( )

1 Lemondade Days

1 Arabian Magic

these are all one year old. Some need a lot of work, as didn't know you had to water a lot all year, and didn't fertilize in the winter. So I've been watering and fertlizing like crazy the past couple of weeks.

Comments (15)