SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Found my 'Dream Plant'' yesterday!

Last year I had seen a Tricolor Beech Tree planted in the landscape at a nursery. Yesterday I was at the nursery, and she just happened to have 2 of them for sale. They are not easily found around here at any price, and I had never even seen or heard of one before seeing hers.

When I asked how much it was, and she replied, "$50.00" I never batted and eye, and knew I had to have one. I don't think I have ever paid that much for any plant or shrub in my life, though I had maybe been considering $40 or $45 for a Fern Leaf peony. I know I will get a lot more enjoyment out of this tree in the years to come.

I've been thinking about the ideal spot for planting it, so it will be safe, yet very visible in the landscape here. There is one ideal place for it, so the crepe myrtle is getting yanked out and being replaced by the tree. The CM has been a lovely summer focal point in years past, but this past winter it died back to the ground for a change, so it's not going to be very showy this summer anyway.

Do you have any very, very special things you sort of 'lust' after? What might they be?

Yesterday at the nursery, I also bought 3 different Oriental Lilies, one being in bloom and it perfumed the Jeep for the ride home.

I also hit a 60% off sale on shrubs at a Farm Supply Store. That yielded several nice different hydrangeas, lilacs, and viburnums, priced from $2.80 to $6. I felt like I really hit the motherload.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Tricolor Beech images

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting