SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyk2008

WANTED: Would love seeds in exchange for gardening books...

16 years ago

I don't know if you are allowed to do this here or not, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyways...

We have just bought our first home here in rural Alberta, a lot holding almost 10,000 square feet. We also have a very old house (50+ years) that is situated well on this lot. I had been used to for the past four years having a 7x10 square foot spot in front of our townhouse as well as the side of our row of town houses (25x4 ft.)that the landlord let me dig up myself and plant in. Having this much land now is very exciting for me. I am looking forward to doing right by it for sure, as the previous owners spent a lot of time truly neglecting the place. There's no real problem here other than I would love some seeds, but there really isn't a heck of a lot of money laying around here to get the variety I would like. I am very skilled (I'd like to think a little and everyone tells me ;-)), at propagating plants and germinating things and growing things from seeds etc. I have an indoor lizard cage that we turned into a greenhouse (7X3x5)so that's where I have gotten some really difficult delicate things to grow. Anyways, I am babbling here, but I have tons of gardening books. I'd say at least forty? Or so? About all sorts of types of gardening, specialty, etc. Do you think people here would trade seeds for them? I also have tons, I'd say a 12x2 ft patch? of lily of the valley, dog wood, an apple tree, a mountain ash that I could get rootings or cuttings or whatever we can work out for an exchange as well. I'd have to look at what else I have; that's just off the top of my head. And thoughts? Take Care. Thank you if you reply.

K

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions