SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorelai_gw

My New Daylilies & Companion Planting Question

Lorelai
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I've been registered here for awhile but haven't posted much or at all. I'm an amateur gardener and am very new to daylilies (well, to everything flowers, really). We recently moved onto five acres, and I've been bringing back the garden space next to the road (it's by the front of our driveway also. I found someone locally who was separating her daylilies, and I now have a plant each of Stella d'oro, Jungle Princess, Going Bananas, and Double Orange (I don't know if there's a more specific name for that one). Anyone have any of these? How do you like them?

I also have some Dutch Purple Iris, a Crocosmia, and some little "wildcard" bulbs I uncovered while cleaning out the garden bed. I'm hoping for a nice presentation throughout the season, and so I'm wondering what you all like to plant under and around your daylilies? My area gets full sun for the first half of the day, and then partial shade after that. I like the idea of perennials, but I think adding some established annuals could bring color to my garden bed a little sooner and help tide me over until my other plants establish themselves. Any suggestions? :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor