SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

Backyard Phase I-memorial pond. --pics.

hbwright
17 years ago

Well I thought I'd get the dreaded hill done first but since I wasn't anticipating losing my baby girl I decided I needed to do something with her plaque and made up a small water garden/pond beside my patio. So, phase I is in the process and the pond is in. The only plants I have out there right now is daylillies that were shared by a friend and neighbor and a Mexican Bush Salvia (still barely out of the ground) that I divided from an existing one. I have Cleopatra cannas (my pup's namesakes) and crocosmia bulbs going in also. I have no idea what to do with the rocks. I want something to fill in and soften the pond outline and of course some water plants. My kids are dying to add goldfish to the pond already.

{{gwi:644643}}

{{gwi:644645}}

{{gwi:644648}}

I'm trying to use plants around the house and it will be trial and error. I think I'll dig up some dusty miller that keeps kicking from the front yard for some different color and texture and I'm not sure what else. The whole area is only 10 x 10 and the pond is 5 x 3 so there isn't much in the way of landscaping space. I also have some sweetshrub that I'm going to plant behind the fence where you see the red clay in the picture and I'd like to plant something to go with the sweetshrub realizing that soon the sweetshrub will fill in the area.

Any ideas what can be added on my very limited budget?

BTW--The mosquito lamps will be in the trash. Stuck them there to get them out of the way because I kept stepping on them. I plan on getting some kind of landscaping lights there of some sort or some tiki torches that I have in the garage.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus