SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
antman452

World Conifer Check List

11 years ago

I have just completed a Checklist of all the worlds conifers. Unlike all the other comprehensive lists I have found, none of which lend themselves to the easy rearrangement to fit your personal needs, this list is in Excel format and can be easily edited. It runs 9922 lines (217 Kb). The list has 8 Families, 70 Genera, 615 Species, 45 Sub-Species, 249 Varieties, 8420 Cultivars. The Families, Genera, Species, Sub-Species and Varieties are as listed by Aljos Farjon in "A Handbook of the World's Conifers" (Published 2010).

The Cultivars are from the new (2012) book:

Royal Horticultural Society Encyclopedia of Conifers:

A Comprehensive Guide to Cultivars and Species

Authors:

Aris G. Auders and Derek P. Spicer

I have also provided a vernacular (common) name for every listing. In general, the vernacular name listed is that used by Farjon whenever possible. Where he only lists a non-English name or none, I have relied on "Conifers of the World, The Complete Reference" by James E. Eckenwalder (Pub. 2009). In a few instances where neither lists a common name, I have made up a logical one.

I will be glad to send a copy of the list as an email attachment to anyone that wants one. Just send me an email at:

RonMerchant45@yahoo.com.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida