SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

will you help me brainstorm a garden 'playhouse'?

luckygal
15 years ago

My DH and I are planning to build a little garden house which can be up to 15 square meters (160 square feet) without a permit. I'd like lots of windows on the south side so I can start seeds early and maybe grow tomatoes again without the squirrel eating them! I'm in zone 3 so there are many gardening challenges but don't want the maintenance of a real greenhouse.

I see this also being a playhouse for the Grands and a nice place for me to sit and plan the garden. I'll put some old cottagey furniture in it and perhaps some guests might even sleep over there eventually. Might have DH put an outhouse nearby and he will rough plumb/electric so that can be connected later. In the winter I can store some "garden art" stuff there so it doesn't have to go all the way to the barn.

We yard sale regularly and have several old windows to use and hope to get more this spring as well as an interesting door.

Any and all ideas are very welcome and pics would be a bonus. I've done many searches and looked thru pages of Landscaping and Greenhouse forums and not found much other than real greenhouses.

Thanks for any help.

Comments (13)

Sponsored