SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Here is my potential garden... I need LOTS of help..

User
17 years ago

Angelcub ( Diana) has prompted me to get help from this delightful and talented forum. I have been in Kitchens so long I have neglected all else. Then it was Cooking but I know how to do that ,so I have decided to move to a new area where I have little in the way of knowledge and try to get some activity going in this back yard.

I have a terrible sense of gardening and what I plant usually is the wrong thing or dies or if it grows I hate it and it won't go away. I have an 1890 house and we are done with the interior. We need to really concentrate on the backgarden as we have a huge drainage problem , lots of huge trees with little sun except in the winter ,

I had a brickmason/engineer come yesterday. He suggested remove all the big trees in the back and level the earth so it slants away from the house and then put a wall and french drains to get the water into the sewer system where it needs to be. We have to have a plan to show the Historic Committee and get their OK to take out trees and tear down the picket fence and replace it with a wall . There already is a wall on the property around the pool ( another landscaping disaster) so we are hopeful they will let us match it and then we can block the view of that awful brick rental you can see outside my new frenchdoors/sunroom.

Here are some pics. I can take as many as you can stand and I will be very grateful for any help in design and planning. We have several issues

1) water control

2) errosion from the big tree roots

3)SHADE

4) the little play house needs landscaping

5) a/c units

6)privacy

view into backyard from carport area -shows picket fence/huge trees to R and house is to the left (playhouse in distance)

{{gwi:639630}}

same view only more house

{{gwi:639631}}

pic back toward the carport (can see wall we will copy)

{{gwi:639632}}

another back toward carport only a bigger view

{{gwi:639633}}

adjacent side of house showing "playhouse" and other picket entrance to backyard

{{gwi:639634}}

play house and a/c units

{{gwi:639635}}

same side of house a/c on left now and can see the street

{{gwi:639636}}

view from the sunroom toward the big trees and neighbor's house..will have a brick landing area and a step down to yard...so far the only plan I have ..LOL.

{{gwi:639637}}

Comments (42)

Sponsored