SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

New to this forum -- introduction

DYH
17 years ago

Hi,

I am so amazed at the gallery and all the wonderful advice here. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'll try to be helpful, too.

I've been on THS since 2004 when building our home. Now that I'm retired from a career in technology, I'm pursuing my passion for gardening even further. I've been over on the Carolina Forum since I live in NC and over to the Design forum since I have my plant retailers license.

Since we (DH and two sons in graduate school) moved into our new home in Sept 2005, we've been building out our garden rooms. The initial fence and water feature were installed by a professional, but we've also built a flagstone patio and dry streambed ourselves.

I planted a new shrub garden in October 06 and I'm working now on finishing it up this spring.

Anyway, since I'd like to join y'all here, I thought I'd say a hello.

Here's a link to tour my work in progress -- as you'll see, the front is a cottage garden, but I'm still tweaking everything. Our property is 4.5 acres, in front is a 2 acre meadow, and in back our woods. We are a NWF Certified Wildlife Habitat and enjoy all of the birds, frogs, butterflies and geckos who are also at home here in our garden.

Cameron

P.S. Won By Her Wits is our adopted retired racing greyhound. Everyone asks, so I'll just say it first. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: our garden

Comments (23)

Sponsored