SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tokyorose_gw

New member and introductions

tokyorose
13 years ago

Greetings members of the forum!

I've been lurking the various rose forums here for the last few months and have really been enjoying going through the posts. I'm a recent college graduate and have always loved growing plants. Living in a tropical climate all my life, I was thrilled to move to Japan where I would be able to grow plants different from what I had been used to. Unfortunately, moving to Tokyo also meant getting used to virtually having no space (my balcony is 5 feet x 13 feet!), but I am doing my best to manage.

I have come to learn, the hard way, that with the purchase of one rose is soon followed by more. I am envious of everyone that has large gardens! :D However, I'd like to share some of the roses that within the few short months of moving into my apartment, have been blooming nicely for me - up until now in fact! I'm a complete novice with roses, but I hope everything will go well. I don't spray and I fertilize with a brand of fertilizer called "biogold" Due to the lack of space, all my roses are grown in pots.

I'm away on a business trip at the moment and just found out a bareroot Lady Emma Hamilton had been shipped to me, I didn't expect it to be so late! Talk about being anxious about asking a friend to pot it for me... anyone ever had the same experience? its nerve racking!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of my roses :D

William Shakespeare 2000 (Blooms are HUGE)

Ambridge rose (I couldn't resist the scent)

Aoi (An adorable chocolaty light purple rose bred by keiji farms)

Bare root Lady Emma Hamilton (my friend can't plant her until Tuesday, I'm so worried about her!)

Warmest regards,

Tokyorose

Comments (35)