SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksmosaicnut

Low Cost People Barrier for Front Yard

ksmosaicnut
17 years ago

I am a long time lurker and the post about low cost deer fence made me wonder if this group could help me. I am in the process of slowly removing my front lawn and creating a cottage garden. Last year I put in long beds along the driveway, and on two sides of the house. One of my newly sprouting peony bushes was snapped in half and never recovered. I blamed it on a neighborhood cat or dog. Now that there is snow on the ground I can see where someone is cutting diagonally accross my front yard, continuing through my neighbors yard and back into the street around the corner (my neighbor has the corner lot). This spring I am extending the drive bed to cover the front of my property (will now be an L shaped bed). I have yet to catch the person in the act. It is not a service (utility or postman). I plan on making a "postman's" path to accomodate the postman who is very courteous and does walk through the lawn area closer to the house. My question is this: How can I deter people from walking through my newly established beds without putting up a big fence? This is in the front yard and none of my neighbors have fencing in front of their houses. I've been so angry about this that I've considered mean spirited signs in my front yard or even lying in wait with a super-soaker water gun filled with dye so as to stop this clod from traipsing through private property. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz