SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newpup

kumquat over fertilized?

Newpup
12 years ago

Ok I have had this small potted kumquat since June this year. So far it has done great and I have a dozen or so fruits on it. I kept it outside till mid Sep. when it started getting cold. Then I would bring it in at night or when it got chilly or super windy. Being inside it has seemed to be fine until last week when I noticed the leaves starting to curl and now several have fallen off. Some are green and others that have fallen are brown. Also where the brown leaves have fallen the branches are turning brown. I did fertilze it a couple of weeks ago. Am I over watering it? I water it about once a week, or is it fertilizer burn? When I water it it's not bone dry but noticabely dryer than after a watering. I love Kumquats and I tried a tree last year that was much bigger and I ended up losing it with the same problem. I did have this one sitting in a room where it wasn't getting direct sunlight and I didn't know if that made a difference so I have moved it to my south facing front room where it will get at least some direct sunlight. Problem is no room in my house gets more than an hour or so at any given time.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional