SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keesha2006

Ok, call me dumb...ever heard of...

keesha2006
16 years ago

Smoking Morning Glory seeds? I just returned from Home Depot and they had a huge glorious display of seeds (ofcourse, who needs seeds if they participated in the seed exchange) but in the Morning Glory section, the rack was empty....completely..and instead a sign was posted to see a clerk at the service desk to purchase morning glory seeds. My hubby was more than a bit curious, and said ok..what can you do with morning glory seeds that requires permission to buy? He laughed and said, what are they trying to do,control invasive flowers, do kids throw handfuls of seeds in fields to mess up farmers equipment..he was chuckling pretty good at the thought of such folies that could result in needing permission to buy seeds..and his curiousity finally got the best of him, so he went to the service counter and asked with a big grin on his face, waiting for the answer he was sure would be comical.....the clerk answered, shaking his head, kids are smoking them, can you believe it? What.......now I have heard of everything......you can't buy cough syrups and some cold meds without signing out on them because people use them for other things, you can't buy spray paint unless your 18, if you buy more than several dozen eggs, the clerks will quiz you... and now you have to have supervision to buy morning glory seeds... :) I guess desperate people do desperate things...anyway..we got a good laugh over it, although I guess it really isn't something to laugh at... we are wondering, has anyone else heard of this.. enlighten us please...is it a newer trend, or am I just out of touch?

Comments (15)

Sponsored